Tuesday 21 April 2020

Prayers In Steel by Michael McClung

post image

The woman's slippers were silk, that much he could tell, and embroidered with seed pearls. There was no way to know what colour they might once have been since her feet were soaked to the ankles in blood.

This photo sums up my Easter break so far! Prayers in Steel is a straightforward sword and sorcery fantasy that isn't the most original tale out there, but it was a fun read and fitted my mood perfectly. Unexpectedly short, though - I'd settled in for a chunky fantasy and was a bit surprised when the book ended two hours later!

Recommended For: Any fantasy fans looking for a quick undemanding read.

Read On: The second book in the series is An Unclean Strength but I'm not sure I'll get to it. Michael McClung also wrote the Amra Thetys series which I really enjoyed. The first book is The Thief Who Pulled On Trouble's Braids.

No comments:

Post a Comment